Sinead O'Connor Breaks Down the Timeline of her 16-Day Marriage
The Irish singer explains her relationship was doomed "within three hours" of the Las Vegas ceremony.
Sinead O'Connor is single once more.
The 45-year-old Irish singer, who wed therapist Barry Herridge in a kitschy Dec. 8 Las Vegas ceremony, confirmed the demise of her fourth marriage on her official website the day after Christmas.
Saying that she hoped to keep the news private, O'Connor explained that the blog post would be her one and only comment on the marriage -- which apparently never had much of a chance.
"Within three hours of the ceremony being over the marriage was kyboshed by the behaviour of certain people in my husband's life," she wrote. "And also by a bit of a wild ride I took us on looking for a bit of a smoke of weed for me wedding night as I don't drink."
That didn't seem to set well with Herridge, who O'Connor adds was "enormously wounded and very badly [affected]" by the experience, which led her to the decision to "set [him] free."
And while O'Connor says the writing was on the wall the night of the wedding, she did make something of a go at it. She walked through the time line of her brief marriage in her letter.
"The marriage was 16 days," she writes. "We lived together for 7 days only... Until Xmas eve."
This was O'Connor's fourth marriage. She'd previously wed music producer John Reynolds, journalist Nicholas Sommerlad and musician Steve Cooney -- who she split with in April.
O'Connor has four children.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR