Sinead O'Connor Jets to Las Vegas For a 'Proper Rock 'N' Roll Wedding'
On her 45th birthday, the Irish singer will wed 38-year-old Barry Herridge, who responded to her call for suitors in late August.
Irish singer Sinead O’Connor will tie the knot for a fourth time on Thursday, Dec. 8 -- her 45th birthday -- but this time she won’t be walking down an aisle.
O’Connor and 38-year-old therapist Barry Herridge will exchange vows in a “drive-thru” ceremony in Las Vegas. Speaking with the Irish Independent before boarding their flight, O’Connor said, “I’ve been married before, but I’ve never had my dream wedding in Vegas. I wanted to do it there because it’s casual, quick, not religious and, most of all, very romantic.”
“We wanted a proper rock ‘n’ roll wedding,” she noted.
O’Connor and Herridge met as a result of an online campaign in late August, in which the singer described herself as “sex-starved” and asked potential suitors to apply via e-mail. Herridge heeded the call.
“Barry sent me this wonderful email, which just took my heart away. It had to be him,” said O’Connor.
“I was getting off a train at Connolly Station one morning when I saw this woman acting strangely on the platform. At first I didn’t know what she was doing, and then I realized she was playing hopscotch,” said Herridge. “It wasn’t Sinead but a business women in a suit and in her 30s, just having a bit of fun.”
“I wondered why more women that age weren’t doing the same thing? And it struck me that this was exactly what Sinead was doing with her search for love, having fun, and I told Sinead about the woman in my first email,” he added.
The mother of four introduced fans to her new fiancé in a blog post on her personal website. Along with pictures of the affectionate couple at the airport, O’Connor announced her impending nuptials on Nov. 7.
“I had no intention of getting married again but Barry was extremely persuasive. He proposed to me on every single date we have had since August. He is extremely persuasive – and other unprintable things,” she joked.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead