Singapore’s Clover Films, China’s Stellar Megamedia Partner on Basketball Film
Budgeted for $1.2 million, “Meeting the Giant” will be the directorial debut of Singaporean actor Tay Ping Hui.
Singaporean companies Clover Films and G&J Creation have partnered with Chinese studio Stellar Megamedia to co-produce Singaporean actor Tay Ping Hui's directorial debut, a basketball drama titled Meeting the Giant.
The companies say casting is now underway and the film will be produced with a budget of $1.2 million, financed by Stellar. The screenplay was penned by Singaporean Danny Yeo.
The producers no doubt hope to tap into the remarkable popularity of basketball in China, where the sport has become a favorite of the country's youth, thanks in large part to the NBA career of Chinese star Yao Ming.
"We are so happy to have Stellar Megamedia come on board on this project and hope Meeting the Giant will be a successful first foray of Singaporean productions into the lucrative China market," said Clover Films founder Lim Teck.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR