Siri, the iPhone 4S Personal Assistant, Achieves Viral Fame with Snarky Remarks (Video)
After less than a week in consumers' hands, the iPhone 4S' voice-activated assistant is already an Internet celebrity.
Siri apparently isn't just there to ask to make a call or suggest a good place to make dinner reservations.
IPhone 4S' new voice command system is responding more playful consumers with an evolving bank of witty remarks and snide comments.
A blog, the appropriately-titled S--t That Siri Says, has already popped up with screen caps of some of the more humorous exchanges.
"Open the pod bay doors," demands one contributor, referencing the non-compliant computer assistant in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Siri's response: "We intelligent agents will never live that down, apparently."
It will also call users out for being a "douche bag," suggest places to dump a body, attempt to discover the meaning of life and seamlessly engage in a back-and-forth of Abbott and Costello's "Who's On First?"
Singer Jonathan Mann even used it to record a song. "Duet with Suri," posted to YouTube on Oct. 17, is already approaching 200,000 views.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR