Sirius XM Radio Dips Behind Netflix in Subscribers
The satellite radio firm adds 373,000 subscribers in the first quarter, nearly doubles its profit and eyes a big price increase, but it keeps its 2011 subscriber target unchanged due to possible supply issues after the earthquake in Japan.
NEW YORK – Sirius XM Radio on Tuesday reported improved first-quarter financials and subscriber figures, but - as expected - the company's subscriber count fell behind that of Netflix in the latest period. Meanwhile, management said it is likely to raise its subscription prices if regulators allow it to do so later this year.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR