Sirius XM Radio Extends Major League Baseball Deal for Six Years
The agreement will make games available to Sirius subscribers for the first time, while allowing XM users to continue to hear them.
Satellite radio company SiriusXM Radio and Major League Baseball on Monday announced a six-year extension of their rights agreement, which will make MLB game broadcasts available to Sirius subscribers for the first time, while continuing to offer them to XM users.
Financial details weren't disclosed.
MLB has made its matches available on satellite radio since 2005. SiriusXM said it would continue to air "live play-by-play of every regular and postseason MLB game, as well as select spring training and Spanish-language game broadcasts," through the 2021 season.
John Malone's Liberty Media owns controlling stake in SiriusXM.
"Baseball has been an essential part of our programming lineup, and we're very happy to extend our relationship with MLB to deliver the games to our subscribers for many years to come," said Sirius president and chief content officer Scott Greenstein. "We're especially pleased to now offer the games to SiriusXM subscribers whether they listen through Sirius radios, XM radios, the SiriusXM app or online."
Said Tim Brosnan, MLB executive vp business: “We are proud that Major League Baseball content has been an important contributor to the growth of satellite radio, and we look forward to continuing this relationship into the next decade."
Among other key content deals, SiriusXM has been in talks with Fox News to extend a carriage agreement with the news network owned by Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)