Sirius XM Strikes Multi-Year Deal With English Soccer Giant Manchester United
The satellite radio giant will have access to live play-by-play of every Manchester United Premier League match.
NEW YORK - Sirius XM Radio is betting on the U.S. fan base of British soccer club Manchester United.
The satellite radio firm on Monday unveiled a multi-year deal to be the official radio broadcaster of the 18-time champions of the English Premier League.
Financial terms weren't disclosed.
This is Sirius XM's latest bet on a strong content brand after it recently extended its relationship with Howard Stern. (link)
Sirius and XM subscribers will have access to live play-by-play of every Manchester United Premier League match. Sirius XM also has the rights to stream match broadcasts online.
Said Manchester United CEO David Gill: "This is an exciting arrangement as we know how passionate our fans are in the United States, and now they can catch all the match action live on Sirius and XM."
"Manchester United is one of the most famous and widely followed sports franchises in all of the world, and we’re thrilled to offer our listeners access to every one of their Premier League matches,” said Scott Greenstein, Sirius XM's president and chief content officer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR