Can TLC’s polygamy reality show generate any compassion among viewers?
There was a time before HBO’s drama Big Love devolved into ridiculousness, when it was one of television’s strongest dramas, delivering compelling drama and interesting story lines as it explored polygamy in Utah.But even at its creative pinnacle, Big Love never managed to rise into the top tier of great television. And the reason came down to a surprisingly simple element: compassion.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile
From our partners
- Charlie Sheen Might Be Ditching His Stage Name
- Amanda Bynes Maintains That She Did Not Throw a Bong, Claims NYPD Sexually Harassed Her
- Watch Will and Jaden Smith Do a Father-Son Version of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Rap