Sizemore held without bail pending hearing

Empty

Tom Sizemore surrendered Tuesday to face a hearing on whether he violated probation with his recent arrest for drug possession.

Superior Court Judge Cynthia Rayvis later ordered the "Saving Private Ryan" actor held without bail pending a June 19 hearing, said Jane Robison, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office.

Sizemore, 45, had arrived at a county courthouse in a convertible and was greeted by reporters. When asked how he was doing, he replied: "I'm OK."

Sizemore was arrested last month at a Bakersfield hotel. Authorities said they found methamphetamines in his car.

He was released but a Los Angeles judge later issued a warrant for his arrest for violating probation in another methamphetamine case. If convicted, he could be forced to serve out a 16-month prison sentence.

In the Bakersfield case, Sizemore has pleaded not guilty to seven drug-related charges, including transportation and possession of methamphetamines, possession of prescription drugs without the proper prescription and being under the influence of a controlled substance.

He faces up to six years in prison if convicted.
comments powered by Disqus