'SkyFall' Dominates U.K. Video Sales
The 23rd James Bond outing, directed by Sam Mendes and starring Daniel Craig, has sold 2.8 million copies in the first six months of 2013.
LONDON -- Sam Mendes’ Skyfall is the biggest selling video in the first half of 2013 in the U.K.
Adding in No. 1 sales for DVDs and Blu-ray, the 23rd Bond movie -- starring Daniel Craig -- has sold in excess of 2.8 million units over the course of six months, according to Official Charts Company data.
Skyfall was the only title to sell more than two million units, with The Hobbit, Les Miserables and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2 surpassing one million copies, the company said.
Game Of Thrones and Mrs. Brown's Boys dominated the TV box set market, according to the data.
The Official Charts Company – which compiles the U.K.’s industry-recognized video charts (comprising sales on all formats including DVD and Blu-ray) – released the biggest-seller lists after the year's half-way point.
The company's CEO Martin Talbot said the strength of sales indicate that "DVD and blu-ray continues to be a hugely popular entertainment format – either as a personal treat or a gift."
The figures are based on sales of videos from week one to week 26 of this year, ending June 29.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR