First 'Skyfall' Photo of Daniel Craig as Bond, Official Film Synopsis Hits Web
The plot description details a potential rift between Bond and M in the upcoming Sony film, while an unauthorized picture shows the actor in fine fighting form.
Sony Pictures has released an official synopsis for Skyfall, the 23rd installment in the long-running James Bond franchise. Following an image leaked onto the internet late last week, Sony posted a short, mostly detail-free description of the plot of the forthcoming film.
Directed by Sam Mendes from a script by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade (Casino Royale) and John Logan (Hugo), Skyfall promises to delve into the background of a heretofore largely unexplored character, Bond’s commanding officer M (played by Judy Dench). Check out the synopsis below:
Daniel Craig is back as James Bond 007 in Skyfall, the 23rd adventure in the longest-running film franchise of all time. In Skyfall, Bond’s loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
While the last two Bond films were parts of a connected story, both Mendes and Logan have indicated that Skyfall is a standalone adventure that will not tie into the reboot story started in Casino Royale and wrapped up in A Quantum of Solace.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR