'Skyfall' Sets U.K. Box Office Record for Second Weekend
The movie, which stars Daniel Craig as 007, becomes the fastest film in British history to reach $80 million.
LONDON – Another few days, another record gunned down by Skyfall, the latest James Bond franchise entry starring Daniel Craig.
According to official figures released Monday, the 007 spy action flick has become the fastest film ever to reach £50 million ($80 milllion) at the U.K. box office.
The movie, directed by Sam Mendes and produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, also posted the biggest second weekend total in U.K. cinema history, taking £16.1 million ($25.8 million) over the three days.
The movie's tally from the U.K. has now reached £53.4 million ($85.6 million) after 10 days on release.
Craig returns for his third outing as Ian Fleming’s 007 to find his loyalty to M tested as her past comes back to haunt her in the film written by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and John Logan.
It is scheduled to rollout in the U.S. from Nov. 8.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills