'Skyfall' Sets U.K. Box Office Record for Second Weekend
The movie, which stars Daniel Craig as 007, becomes the fastest film in British history to reach $80 million.
LONDON – Another few days, another record gunned down by Skyfall, the latest James Bond franchise entry starring Daniel Craig.
According to official figures released Monday, the 007 spy action flick has become the fastest film ever to reach £50 million ($80 milllion) at the U.K. box office.
The movie, directed by Sam Mendes and produced by Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, also posted the biggest second weekend total in U.K. cinema history, taking £16.1 million ($25.8 million) over the three days.
The movie's tally from the U.K. has now reached £53.4 million ($85.6 million) after 10 days on release.
Craig returns for his third outing as Ian Fleming’s 007 to find his loyalty to M tested as her past comes back to haunt her in the film written by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade and John Logan.
It is scheduled to rollout in the U.S. from Nov. 8.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)