Skylar Grey to Release Debut Album This Fall
The singer and Alex da Kid protege delivered the hooks on Eminem's "Love the Way You Lie," Diddy Dirty Money's "Coming Home" and Dr. Dre's "I Need a Doctor."
Collaborator to the stars Skylar Grey will release her debut album this fall on producer Alex da Kid’s newly launched Interscope Records imprint, KIDinaKORNER.
The 25-year-old Wisconsin native burst onto the music scene in the last year when she co-wrote and appeared on smash singles by Eminem and Rihanna (“Love the Way You Lie,” for which Grey shared a Grammy nomination for Song of the Year and Best Rap Song), Dr. Dre (“I Need a Doctor”) and Diddy Dirty Money (“Coming Home”), delivering an unforgettable hook on each track.
Grey’s first album, called Invinsible, promises sounds influenced in part by film. “My hope that when people listen to my music, they are consumed with vast, cinematic imagery,” said the singer in a statement.
Song titles include “Weirdo,” “Building A Monster,” and “Final Warning.” A teaser track, “Dance Without You,” is available until June 9 on Grey’s official site.
Although she performed on this year's Grammy telecast (with Dr. Dre and Eminem) and season 10 of American Idol (with Diddy), Grey's first official concert set is planned for Lollapalooza in August.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR