Slamdance: Double Dutch Takes International Sales Rights to 'I Put a Hit on You'
The indie rom-com, starring "The Vampire Diaries'" Sara Canning, will debut at the festival on Jan. 18.
TORONTO – Double Dutch International has signed on to handle international sales of the dark romantic comedy I Put a Hit on You, starring The Vampire Dairies ' Sara Canning.
The feature film debut of writer-directors Dane Clark and Linsey Stewart is set to debut at Slamdance on January 18.
The movie sees Canning play a broken-hearted woman who goes on Craigslist in a drunken stupor to arrange a hit on her ex-boyfriend, played by Aaron Ashmore (Warehouse 13), only to then attempt to stop the hitman from carrying out the contract.
I Put a Hit on You, which was shot in Toronto, is produced by Mike MacMillan and Jordan Gross.
Clark and Stewart previously worked together on two short films, Long Branch and Margo Lily.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack