Sundance Comedy 'Sleepwalk with Me' at Just For Laughs
Comedian Mike Birbiglia's film, based on his one man play, will topline the Montreal chuckle festival's film showcase.
TORONTO – Away from the Montreal stand-up stage, the Just For Laughs festival will be looking for celluloid laughter when Mike Birbiglia’s Sundance comedy Sleepwalk with Me headlines its film festival sidebar's 16th edition next month.
Birbiglia will be in Montreal to present his film about a life in comedy upended by dangerous bouts of sleepwalking.
Sleepwalk with Me, which is based on Birbiglia’s one-man off-Broadway play, is co-written and produced by Ira Glass, host of Chicago Public Media’s public radio show This American Life, to which Birbiglia contributes.
Also booked for the Just For Laughs film fest is writer/director Alain Chabat’s Sur la piste du Marsupilami; Neil Berkeley’s Beauty is Embarrassing, a documentary that features the Emmy-winning creator of Pee-wee’s Playhouse, Wayne White; and Sound of Noise, a comedy/crime film from Swedish directors Ola Simonsson and Johannes Stjärne Nilsson about a police detective’s life thrown into chaos when a band of crazy musicians use his city as their orchestra.
Montreal has also booked The Bitter Buddha, which features interviews with Patton Oswalt, Sarah Silverman and Marc Maron about veteran comic Eddie Pepitone (Conan).
The Just For Laughs Film Festival is to run from July 23 to 28, as part of the 30th edition of the Just For Laughs Festival.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR