Slew of actors join 'The Irishman'
Jonathan Hensleigh pic inspired by Rick Porrello book
CANNES -- Vincent D'Onofrio, Vinnie Jones, Paul Sorvino, Fionnula Flanagan, Laura Ramsey, Steve Schirripa, Linda Cardellini and Bob Gunton have been added to the cast of Jonathan Hensleigh's "The Irishman."
They join Ray Stevenson, Christopher Walken and Val Kilmer in the crime tale about real-life mobster Danny Greene.
Hensleigh and Jeremy Walters wrote the screenplay for the project, inspired by the book "To Kill the Irishman: The War That Crippled the Mafia" by Rick Porrello.
Code Entertainment's Al Corley, Bart Rosenblatt, and Eugene Musso will produce, along with Dundee Entertainment's Tommy Reid and Tara Reid, who brought the property to Code. Jonathan Dana, Peter Miller, and Rick Porrello are exec producers, with George Perez serving as co-producer.
Principal photography begins next week in Detroit, Michigan.
Sales and distribution company Lightning Entertainment is repping international sales, while ICM and Dana are handle domestic sales.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama