SLS Hotel Brand Eyes Downtown L.A. Location (Exclusive)
The hip hospitality brand SBE is considering a spot near the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Grand avenue.
This story first appeared in the Nov. 29 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
With the hip Ace Hotel about to open in the historic United Artists building on Broadway in downtown L.A., aesthetics-minded hospitality brand SBE is looking to get into the boutique hotel action, too.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that SBE head Sam Nazarian -- who made his name with such posh L.A. nightclubs as Hyde by catering to the likes of Paris Hilton and Leonardo DiCaprio -- is in talks to open another iteration of his splashy SLS hotel, to be located near Grand Avenue's Walt Disney Concert Hall, MOCA and philanthropist Eli Broad's on-the-way Broad museum. (SBE already has two Philippe Starck-designed SLS hotels, one on La Cienega Boulevard, the other in Miami's South Beach.)
When asked for comment, an SBE rep said, "We're currently eyeing a number of locations downtown but have not finalized any projects at this time."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR