Smashing Pumpkins go acoustic for iTunes EP
NEW YORK -- In between heavy touring schedules, the Smashing Pumpkins have found time to create a four-song acoustic EP, "American Gothic," to be released Jan. 2 exclusively via iTunes in the U.S.
The set includes the tracks "The Rose March," "Pox, "Again, Again, Again (The Crux)" and "Sunkissed," and was produced by frontman Billy Corgan and drummer Jimmy Chamberlin. The band has previously performed "The Rose March" on the road.
"I had written a bunch of material during the residencies in Asheville and San Francisco [earlier this year], and fans kept asking us if we were gonna put any of that stuff out," Corgan says. "iTunes came to us wanting to do something together, so it just felt right."
The EP comes on the heels of the band's "reunion" album, "Zeitgeist" (Martha's Music/Reprise), released earlier this year. That set came in at No. 2 on The Billboard 200.
Smashing Pumpkins will take the show on the road in Europe again starting Jan. 27 in Belgrade, Serbia.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR