Smoke House's Nina Wolarsky to Join Netflix (Exclusive)
The executive will help oversee original programming at the subscription streaming service.
Nina Wolarsky is leaving Smoke House, George Clooney's and Grant Heslov’s production company based at Sony Pictures, to join Netflix within a few weeks.
Wolarsky, who developed and executive produced Clooney’s The Ides of March last year as well as Ben Affleck’s upcoming release Argo, will join Netflix’s expanding original-series team, a Netflix spokeswoman said Thursday.
Wolarsky will report to Netflix vp Cindy Holland and work alongside Peter Friedlander, overseeing series that are produced exclusively for Netflix, such as House of Cards, the fourth season of Arrested Development, Hemlock Grove, Orange is the New Black, and a second season of Lilyhammer. She’ll also help bring new projects to Netflix.
Wolarsky, who spent six years at Smoke House, is expected to join Netflix by the middle of the month.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR