Smoke House's Nina Wolarsky to Join Netflix (Exclusive)
The executive will help oversee original programming at the subscription streaming service.
Nina Wolarsky is leaving Smoke House, George Clooney's and Grant Heslov’s production company based at Sony Pictures, to join Netflix within a few weeks.
Wolarsky, who developed and executive produced Clooney’s The Ides of March last year as well as Ben Affleck’s upcoming release Argo, will join Netflix’s expanding original-series team, a Netflix spokeswoman said Thursday.
Wolarsky will report to Netflix vp Cindy Holland and work alongside Peter Friedlander, overseeing series that are produced exclusively for Netflix, such as House of Cards, the fourth season of Arrested Development, Hemlock Grove, Orange is the New Black, and a second season of Lilyhammer. She’ll also help bring new projects to Netflix.
Wolarsky, who spent six years at Smoke House, is expected to join Netflix by the middle of the month.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues