'Smurfs' Sequel Set for Aug. 2013 Release
Jordan Kerner will produce the follow-up to the hit, which has grossed $135 million worldwide to date.
Since The Smurfs has established itself as one of the summer's hits, triumphing over higher-profile fare like Cowboys & Aliens, Sony Pictures is moving forward with a sequel.
It is targeting a release date of August 2, 2013 for The Smurfs 2.
Jordan Kerner will return as producer of the project.
The Smurfs, a CG/live action combo, has grossed $78.8 domestically and $135 million worldwide to date. Last weekend, it opened in the number one position in 23 markets overseas.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR