'SNL' Ratings Down With Josh Brolin; Eli Manning to Host
The New York Giants quarterback is scheduled to host with musical guest Rihanna on May 5.
Saturday Night Live with host Josh Brolin and musical guest Gotye averaged a 2.7 rating in adults 18 to 49, down slightly from last week with host Sofia Vergara and musical guest One Direction.
The show was a bit below average from the rest of the season, but less than half of ratings monger Lindsay Lohan, who scored a 5.5 overnight household ratings when she hosted March 3, the second-highest of the season.
After Taran Killam impersonated Piers Morgan in a Trayvon Martin-focused sketch, the Piers Morgan Tonight host tweeted, "I think it's time I hosted #SNL -- they're using me every week for ratings anyway. May as well get paid for it... Lorne?”
Not sure if Morgan could bring in high ratings, but Lorne Michaels sure seems to believe New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning could. The show announced Saturday night the SuperBowl MVP will host the show on May 5, with musical guest Rihanna. No word if older brother Peyton (who hosted the sketch show in 2007 after his Colts SuperBowl win) will make an appearance.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR