Snoop Dogg Fined for Marijuana Possession in Norway
The rapper was briefly detained for carrying eight grams of the substance and traveling with more cash than is legally allowed.
Snoop Dogg arrived late to the Hove Festival in Norway on Thursday after a run-in with a drug-sniffing dog.
According to The Associated Press, the rapper was briefly detained at Kjevic Airport in Kristiansand after officials found eight grams of marijuana in his possession. Snoop was fined 52,000 kroners ($8,600) for drug possession and carrying more cash than is legally allowed.
This is the second time Snoop has had trouble with the law this year. According to Billboard, in January he was stopped at the Sierra Blanca border after a drug-sniffing dog found a half-ounce of marijuana in the back of his tour bus. Snoop took responsibility for the drugs, and was issued a citation for misdemeanor drug possession.VIDE:
Despite the legal troubles, the “Gin and Juice” rapper will be performing at the Norway festival.
He is currently on tour overseas performing in music festivals until his return to the states mid-July. Snoop and Wiz Kalifa's movie Mac And Devin Go to High School is also being released on DVD July 6.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR