Snoop Dogg Pitching Hip Hop Version of 'American Idol'
The music star has been shopping a singing competition show, according to a report.
NEW YORK - Snoop Dogg has been pitching TV networks on an American Idol-type show to find the next hip hop star, the New York Post reported Monday.
While the rapper is arguing the show could be as popular as Idol, selling the idea to TV industry executives hasn't been easy, according to the paper.
His dream panel of hip-hop experts to judge such a show would include an old-school legend and Jay-Z, the Post said. But Jay-Z's representative denied that the star had any involvement, it added.
Rapper Wiz Khalifa has shown interest though, the paper reported.
"I'm looking for a deal from a network to find America's hottest 'hood artists'," the Post cited Snoop Dogg as saying recently.
Oxygen, Bravo and NBC aren't interested, but E! and MTV have shown some interest, according to the paper.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera