Snoop Dogg Busted for Marijuana in Texas
Though the rapper holds a prescription for the drug in California, police arrested him at a border patrol checkpoint over the weekend.
Snoop Dogg is at odds with the feds yet again.
The rapper was arrested over the weekend at a border patrol checkpoint in West Texas, where he was found to be in possession of several joints containing under a half-ounce of marijuana, according to TMZ. Reportedly, a police dog uncovered the drugs while boarder patrol ran a standard inspection on Snoop’s tour bus.
According to the report, Snoop holds a medical marijuana prescription in the state of California and admitted that the drugs belonged to him. Regardless, law enforcement claims that the state of Texas maintains a zero tolerance policy for weed. As a result, Snoop was cited for misdemeanor drug possession and released. If convicted, he could face up to 180 days in jail.
This is hardly the first drug bust for the 40-year-old. In addition to a slew of unrelated legal troubles, this is Snoop’s seventh drug-related arrest – the most recent stemming from 2007.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park