Snoop Dogg Busted for Marijuana in Texas
Though the rapper holds a prescription for the drug in California, police arrested him at a border patrol checkpoint over the weekend.
Snoop Dogg is at odds with the feds yet again.
The rapper was arrested over the weekend at a border patrol checkpoint in West Texas, where he was found to be in possession of several joints containing under a half-ounce of marijuana, according to TMZ. Reportedly, a police dog uncovered the drugs while boarder patrol ran a standard inspection on Snoop’s tour bus.
According to the report, Snoop holds a medical marijuana prescription in the state of California and admitted that the drugs belonged to him. Regardless, law enforcement claims that the state of Texas maintains a zero tolerance policy for weed. As a result, Snoop was cited for misdemeanor drug possession and released. If convicted, he could face up to 180 days in jail.
This is hardly the first drug bust for the 40-year-old. In addition to a slew of unrelated legal troubles, this is Snoop’s seventh drug-related arrest – the most recent stemming from 2007.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR