Snow White vs. Evil Queen: Kristen Stewart
"Snow White and the Huntsman's" makeup artists face off in the creation of two dramatically different looks.
In the classic fairy tale, Snow White is described as having "hair dark as night, lips red as blood and skin fair as snow," says makeup artist Stacey Panepinto, who wanted a somewhat more natural look for Kristen Stewart in Universal's Snow White and the Huntsman (out June 1). "She spends so much time running from the queen that it wasn't realistic to have her too made up." Panepinto, who also worked with Stewart on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, dabbed on red lipstick and Stila's Fuchsia cream blush to give Stewart's lips and cheeks a sheer-stain effect. She mixed moisturizer with La Prairie foundation for a clean, extra-luminous complexion. The simplicity sets Snow White apart from the intensity of Charlize Theron's Queen Ravenna.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR