'So You Think You Can Dance' finalizes judges
Michaels, Shankman return; Mary Murphy taking backseat
Fox's "So You Think You Can Dance" is shaking up its judges table, adding choreographer Mia Michaels and bringing back choreographer-director Adam Shankman, while longtime judge Mary Murphy will take a more backseat role.
The Emmy-winning Michaels has previously been a guest judge and choreographer on the show and Shankman joined the judges table last year. Both are classified as "resident judges" to distinguish them from head judge and executive producer Nigel Lythgoe.
"I am extremely happy that Mia and Adam have returned and agreed to be resident judges," Lythgoe said. "Mia's outspoken approach combined with Adam's passion will definitely add a fresh new chemistry to the panel."
Murphy will continue on the show as a guest judge and choreographer.
"Dance" returns Thursday, May 27 at 8 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR