Soccer Player Suspended for Homophobic Tweet to Olympic Diver
Tom Daley, 18, and diving partner Pete Waterfield missed out winning a medal at the London Olympics.
LONDON -- A Welsh Premier League soccer player has been suspended after an abusive Twitter message was sent to Olympic diver Tom Daley, according to the ITV website.
Port Talbot Town FC has confirmed its midfielder Daniel Thomas will be the subject of an internal investigation into a tweet sent to Team GB diver Daley.
Daley, 18, and diving partner Pete Waterfield missed out winning a medal at the 2012 Olympics when they finished fourth in the 10 meter synchronized dive on Monday.
According to reports, a homophobic message was sent to Daley's Twitter page from the 10DanThomas10 account, which has since been deleted.
It comes following a separate "trolling" incident involving Daley, which resulted in the arrest of a teenager.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'