Soccer Player Suspended for Homophobic Tweet to Olympic Diver
Tom Daley, 18, and diving partner Pete Waterfield missed out winning a medal at the London Olympics.
LONDON -- A Welsh Premier League soccer player has been suspended after an abusive Twitter message was sent to Olympic diver Tom Daley, according to the ITV website.
Port Talbot Town FC has confirmed its midfielder Daniel Thomas will be the subject of an internal investigation into a tweet sent to Team GB diver Daley.
Daley, 18, and diving partner Pete Waterfield missed out winning a medal at the 2012 Olympics when they finished fourth in the 10 meter synchronized dive on Monday.
According to reports, a homophobic message was sent to Daley's Twitter page from the 10DanThomas10 account, which has since been deleted.
It comes following a separate "trolling" incident involving Daley, which resulted in the arrest of a teenager.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR