'The Social Network' Shines at Vancouver Film Critics' Awards
The Vancouver Film Critics' Circle named David Fincher's Facebook drama the best film of 2010.
TORONTO -- The Social Network swept the Vancouver film critics' kudosfest Monday night, grabbing three trophies, including best film.
The Vancouver Film Critics' Circle also gave David Fincher the best director nod and Aaron Sorkin the best screenplay trophy, as the biopic for Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg continues to add to its awards season glory.
Other winners in Vancouver included Colin Firth earning the best actor trophy for his star-turn in The King’s Speech, while the best actress award went to Jennifer Lawrence for her performance in Winter’s Bone.
Also in the acting categories, Christian Bale was named best supporting actor for The Fighter, and True Grit’s Hailee Steinfeld won for best supporting actress.
In the Canadian film categories, the Quebec film Incendies earned three trophies, including best Canadian film and best director for Denis Villeneuve.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR