First Look: Anthony Hopkins, Jeffrey Dean Morgan in 'Solace' (Exclusive Photo)
Colin Farrell plays a serial killer in the indie supernatural thriller, which also co-stars Abbie Cornish; Walt Disney Studios president of production Sean Bailey co-wrote the script.
Anthony Hopkins is returning to the world of grisly crime -- only this time, he's on the side of the law.
In the indie supernatural thriller Solace, Hopkins stars as a psychic crime analyst who comes out of retirement to help a veteran FBI agent, played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan, solve a series of bizarre murders. Abbie Cornish plays the FBI agent's ambitious young partner.
Colin Farrell plays the killer, who boasts his own supernatural powers. Director Afonso Poyart (2 Rabbits) wraps principal photography this week in Atlanta.
Beau Flynn is producing Solace under his Flynn Picture Co. banner with Tripp Vinson, Thomas Augsberger and Claudia Bluemhuber of Silver Reel. UTA is representing domestic rights, while FilmNation is handling the film internationally.
"This film has the perfect balance of structure, story and strong characters," says Poyart. "I was particularly attracted to the opportunity to explore the cinematic potential of the script and to step into the mind’s eye of someone with psychic abilities, played by Anthony Hopkins, and visualize what he sees. Working with Tony, Jeff, Abbie and Colin has been a dream, and I couldn't ask for a better crew to bring it all together."
The film may be an indie production, but it does have a key studio tie -- Walt Disney Studios president of production Sean Bailey shares screenplay credit with Ted Griffin (Ocean's Eleven) and James Vanderbilt (The Amazing Spider-Man 2). Peter Morgan (The Queen) worked on the most recent draft.
Solace also co-stars Marley Shelton, Xander Berkeley, Sharon Lawrence, Janine Turner and Matt Gerald.
Executive producers are Bailey, Hopkins, Matthias Emcke, Gerd Scheppers and Jacob Pechenik.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical