Solange Cancels European Tour
'I really had to make the best decision for my mental/physical health and provide some stability for my family,' she says.
Solange has canceled the remainder of her summer European tour to focus on her forthcoming album, settle into a new city, and help her 8-year old son, Daniel, find a new school.
The singer released a statement trying to explain to fans that it's been difficult balancing her personal life with what has been a tireless year. She's made the bill on some of 2013's biggest festivals.
"i am completely devastated to announce that I will be canceling my international festival dates for the Summer. I wish I could put in words how much of a difficult decision this was...but between moving part time to a new city, starting my son in a new school, and writing/ recording my new record...I really had to make the best decision for my mental/physical health and provide some stability for my family. I am so so sooooo sorry if Ive disappointed...... and really hope to make it out to those special cities soon enough!"
Solange is still set to perform her string of U.S. dates, which include this year's Boston Calling, Made in America Festival, and a stadium gig with indie favorites, Vampire Weekend.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws