'Sons of Anarchy's' Robin Weigert Joins Bobby Fischer Pic 'Pawn Sacrifice' (Exclusive)
Tobey Maguire will play the chess phenom in the drama.
Robin Weigert has signed on to the Bobby Fischer drama Pawn Sacrifice.
Directed by Edward Zwick, the film stars Tobey Maguire as the American chess phenom. Weigert will play his eccentric mother, Regina.
Lily Rabe and Liev Schreiber will also star in the film.
Gail Katz Productions and Maguire's Material Pictures are producing Pawn Sacrifice, which is currently filming. Filming locations include Montreal, Reykjavik and Los Angeles.
The film follows Fischer and his chess nemesis Boris Spassky (Schreiber) as they enter the "Match of the Century."
Weigert was nominated for an Emmy for her work as Calamity Jane on HBO's Deadwood. She currently plays a lawyer on FX's hit drama Sons of Anarchy. Her most recent film, Concussion, was released by RADiUS-TWC on Oct. 4. She's repped by Innovative Artists and Thruline Entertainment.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David