'Sons of Anarchy's' Robin Weigert Joins Bobby Fischer Pic 'Pawn Sacrifice' (Exclusive)
Tobey Maguire will play the chess phenom in the drama.
Robin Weigert has signed on to the Bobby Fischer drama Pawn Sacrifice.
Directed by Edward Zwick, the film stars Tobey Maguire as the American chess phenom. Weigert will play his eccentric mother, Regina.
Lily Rabe and Liev Schreiber will also star in the film.
Gail Katz Productions and Maguire's Material Pictures are producing Pawn Sacrifice, which is currently filming. Filming locations include Montreal, Reykjavik and Los Angeles.
The film follows Fischer and his chess nemesis Boris Spassky (Schreiber) as they enter the "Match of the Century."
Weigert was nominated for an Emmy for her work as Calamity Jane on HBO's Deadwood. She currently plays a lawyer on FX's hit drama Sons of Anarchy. Her most recent film, Concussion, was released by RADiUS-TWC on Oct. 4. She's repped by Innovative Artists and Thruline Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'