Sony and Barbra Square Off
Nearing 50 years with one record label, heated negotiations for a rich new deal have some wondering: Is Streisand still worth it?
Every Columbia Records employee knows about the "five Bs": Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Tony Bennett and Barbra Streisand. Keeping this mega-selling group happy has long been a top priority at the venerable Sony Music label, and a departure by any of them (Dylan strayed for two albums on David Geffen's Elektra-Asylum during the 1970s but returned) would no doubt be seen as a major blow to the company's collective ego.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR