Sony Begins Bid for Tablet Market
First tablet will be available next month, starting at $499.
Sony is launching its first two Android tablets, the first of which is now available for pre-sale and will be in stores beginning next month.
The debut Sony Tablet S starts at $499. With a unique tablet design, it features a 9.4-inch touchscreen display and weighs roughly 1.33 lbs.
Available later this year, the Sony Tablet P has two 5.5-inch displays with a folding design, and weighs just under one pound.
Among the entertainment features, Sony’s Tablets include Video Unlimited and Music Unlimited, as well as “PlayStation certified” gaming including Crash Bandicoot and Pinball Heroes.
According to ABI Research, worldwide annual media tablet shipments are expected reach more than 120 million units in 2015. The firm found that Android media tablets have collectively taken 20% market share away from the iPad in the last 12 months, though no single vendor using Android has been a significant challenge to the Apple technology.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR