Sony Classics Picks Up Zac Efron's 'At Any Price'
Dennis Quaid and Heather Graham also star.
Sony Pictures Classics has picked up North American rights to At Any Price, starring Dennis Quaid and Zac Efron, in advance of the movie’s debut at the upcoming Venice and Toronto film festivals.
Directed by Ramin Bahrani (Chop Shop), who co-wrote the film with Hallie Elizabeth Newton, the film stars Quaid and Efron as a father and son who operate a farming empire, though Efron’s character really wants to become a professional race car driver. The cast also includes Kim Dickens and Heather Graham.
Price was produced by Pamela Koffler, Teddy Schwarzman, Justin Nappi, Kevin Turen, Christine Vachon and Bahrani. Executive producers include Ron Curtis, Mohammed Al Turki, Brian Young and Eric Nyari. Black Bear Pictures and TreeHouse Pictures financed the film.
SPC, which also acquired Eastern European rights, excluding CIS and Russia, said in a statement: “Ramin Bahrani is a major American filmmaker. We've wanted to work with him for some time. He is a great storyteller not afraid of serious or big subjects. When we read At Any Price, we knew this would be a great leap forward for him as a successful director offering great roles for major actors.”
The deal was negotiated by SPC with CAA on behalf of the film.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR