Sony Buys Action Comedy Script 'El Tigre' from Assistants Turned Writers
First-time screenwriters Aaron Buchsbaum and Teddy Riley are assistants to director Shawn Levy and Justin Bieber manager Scooter Braun.
Two Hollywood assistants are making names for themselves as screenwriters.
Sony has picked up El Tigre, a comedy script by first-time writers Aaron Buchsbaum and Teddy Riley. Buchsbaum is an assistant to director Shawn Levy (Real Steel), and Riley works for Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun.
Mosaic will be producing.
The script hit town two days ago and quickly generated interest. A bidding war broke out among multiple suitors, including Sony, Paramount and MGM. The sale price was in the mid-six figures, according to sources.
The project is an action comedy about a family vacation gone wrong when the father is mistaken for Mexico’s most ruthless drug lord, El Tigre.
The budding scribes are repped by Paradigm, Mosaic and attorney Jeff Frankel.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott