Sony, Goldwyn Acquire Jason Sudeikis' 'Orgy'
8:52 AM PST 2/9/2011 by Borys Kit
The ensemble comedy is slated for a late summer release.
Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Samuel Goldwyn Films are getting together for A Good Old Fashioned Orgy, picking up the US distribution rights for the ensemble comedy.Goldwyn is eyeing a late summer release. SPWA also acquired rights for Australia and Canada. Essential Entertainment is handling international sales in Berlin. The film will be screening in the EFM market on Saturday and Sunday. Orgy stars Jason Sudeikis, Tyler Labine, Leslie Bibb, Will Forte, Lucy Punch, Lake Bell, Michelle Borth, Martin Starr, Nick Kroll, Lindsay Sloane and David Koechner. The film follows a close group of 30-somethings who spend every summer weekend throwing elaborate theme parties at their friend Eric’s (Sudeikis) family home in the Hamptons. When Eric's dad decides to sell off their summer playground, the friends agree there is only one way to have the biggest and brashest send off party, a good old fashioned orgy. Pete Huyck and Alex Gregory co-directed and co-wrote the script. Endgame Entertainment’s James D. Stern produced. Douglas Hansen, Ram Bergman, Brian R. Etting, George Parra and Christopher Petzel exec produced.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR