Sony and HBO Latin America Renew Movie Deal
The agreement gives the pay channel first-run rights to movies like "Captain Phillips," "Grown Ups 2" and "This Is the End."
MEXICO CITY -- HBO and Sony Pictures have extended a multi-year feature-film agreement for two dozen countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Under the deal, HBO Latin America retains first-run pay TV rights to Sony Pictures' feature films, including recent movies such as Captain Phillips, Grown Ups 2, Elysium and This Is the End.
"The extension of this agreement reiterates the significant role [motion pictures] continue to play in [the region's] pay TV market," said Alexander Marin, Sony Pictures Television senior vp for Latin America.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR