Sony Home Entertainment President David Bishop to Exit
Bishop, who has been with the studio since 2006, will leave in March.
The management shake-up at Sony continues with the news that David Bishop, president of home entertainment, will leave the studio in March 2014.
Sony chose not to renew Bishop's contact. He had been with the studio since 2006.
"It's been a rewarding run at Sony Pictures Home Entertainment and I am extremely proud of the organization and all we have accomplished in an exciting, evolving marketplace," said Bishop in a statement.
The news about Bishop comes on the heels of several other high-profile firings, including the oustings of Sony marketing head Marc Weinstock and publicity chief Steve Elzer in September. Sony suffered a disappointing summer at the box office, which was highlighted by the soft performances of After Earth and White House Down. The studio has been under pressure to slash costs and in November committed to up to $250 million in reductions by 2016.
Chairman and CEO for Sony Entertainment Michael Lynton said in a statement: "During his tenure, David played a tremendous role in building the home entertainment organization we have in place today: an innovative business that can compete aggressively in the evolving digital marketplace. We appreciate his many contributions to the Company and wish him well with his future endeavors."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram