Sony lands Meryl Streep-Tina Fey comedy
THR EXCLUSIVE: Stanley Tucci directing pic
Sony has picked up "Mommy & Me," the comedy package featuring Meryl Streep and Tina Fey as a mother-and-daughter duo to be directed by Stanley Tucci.
CAA circulated the project around town earlier in July and signs pointed to Sony, which made last year's Streep comedy "Julie & Julia," as a strong contender.
Storylines are under wraps, although it spotlights the thorny and funny sides of mother-daughter relationships.
Joby Harold wrote the treatment that went with the package and is exec producing with Tucci, Steve Buscemi and Joshua Astrachan.
Wren Arthur, Lucy Barzun Donnelly and Tory Tunnell are producing.
Streep and Tucci have worked together on-screen in "Devil Wears Prada" and "Julie & Julia." It's unclear at this time if Tucci would appear in the movie or just stick to directing.
Fey, repped by WME and 3 Arts Entertainment, is slowly building her film resume, working on features during her time in between seasons of "30 Rock." "Date Night," the spring action comedy which also starred Steve Carell, has grossed just over $98 million domestically.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills