Sony Launches New AXN Networks Across Central Europe
Local-language versions of pay channels AXN Black and AXN White will bow in October.
Sony Pictures Television Networks (SPT) is rolling out two versions of its AXN branded pay-TV channel for Central Europe, with the launches set for October.
The two channels, AXN White and AXN Black, will offer local-language programming to audiences across the region, covering Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Programming on AXN White will be more female-oriented, with character-driven dramas and series such as Heartland and features including Eat Pray Love. AXN Black will be a full-on action channel targeting a largely male demo, with series like Spartacus and Justified and reality series such as Black Gold and Duck Commander.
The channels will replace AXN Sci-Fi and AXN Crime in Central Europe. Sony will continue to operate its flagship AXN channel, animation network Animax and youth-focused network AXN Spin in the region.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR