Sony Launches New AXN Networks Across Central Europe
Local-language versions of pay channels AXN Black and AXN White will bow in October.
Sony Pictures Television Networks (SPT) is rolling out two versions of its AXN branded pay-TV channel for Central Europe, with the launches set for October.
The two channels, AXN White and AXN Black, will offer local-language programming to audiences across the region, covering Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Programming on AXN White will be more female-oriented, with character-driven dramas and series such as Heartland and features including Eat Pray Love. AXN Black will be a full-on action channel targeting a largely male demo, with series like Spartacus and Justified and reality series such as Black Gold and Duck Commander.
The channels will replace AXN Sci-Fi and AXN Crime in Central Europe. Sony will continue to operate its flagship AXN channel, animation network Animax and youth-focused network AXN Spin in the region.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David