Sony Picks Up Maple Syrup Heist Project, Jason Segel Attached to Star
Seth Gordon, who last helmed the hit comedy "Identity Thief," is attached to direct.
Sony Pictures has picked up a pitch centering around a true-life Canadian maple syrup heist that has Jason Segel attached to star and Seth Gordon attached to direct.
Chris Sheridan, a writer on Family Guy, will write the script.
The dramedy is based on a real heist that occurred last year when more than $20 million worth of maple syrup was stolen from a Quebec warehouse. More than 20 people were arrested in conjunction with the crime, the last only six days ago.
The pitch is using reporting by Montreal Gazette journalist Anne Sutherland as the basis for the story.
Segel, Gordon and Barry Josephson will produce.
Mary Rohlich and Adam Schneider are overseeing the project for Exhibit A Film & Josephson Entertainment. At Sony, Andrea Giannetti and Hannah Minghella will shepherd the project.
Gordon, Segel and Sheridan are all repped by WME. Gordon is also repped by Brillstein Entertainment and Warren Dern, Segel by Stacy Abrams at Abrams Entertainment and Warren Dern.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- French Musician SoKo On Kissing A Stranger In 'First Kiss'
- 'Die Hard' Has Finally Been Recreated With Pugs And Teddy Bears
- Behind the Scenes of Bad Words with Actor & Director Jason Bateman and Actress Kathryn Hahn
- Billy Joel Forgets The Lyrics To 'We Didn't Start The Fire' In The Most Awesome Way Possible