Sony Pictures Classics Acquires Vera Farmiga's Debut 'Higher Ground'
8:27 AM PST 2/14/2011 by Borys Kit
The film, about a woman who gives her live to a radical Christian church, was in the US dramatic competition at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival.
Sony Pictures Classics has taken Higher Ground, the directorial debut of Vera Farmiga.The divisions acquired the rights to North America Australia and New Zealand to the film, which was in US dramatic competition at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival. SUNDANCE review: Higher Ground The pic spans the 1960s to the 1980s, telling the story of a one woman who gives her live to a radical Christian church. It’s only when her own marriage begins to unravel does she begin to question the dogma she previously embraced. Farmiga stars alongside John Hawkes, Donna Murphy and Joshua Leonard. SUNDANCE Q&A: Vera Farmiga Carolyn S. Briggs and Tim Metcalfe penned the script based on Briggs' memoir This Dark World: A Memoir of Salvation Found and Lost. CAA brokered the deal with Sony Pictures Classics.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR