Sony Pictures Classics at 15
A study of the Classics proves it is possible to buy art films you love -- and satisfy the accountants at the same time.
Who knew that releasing art films could become big business? As anyone in the independent film sector will attest, the more esoteric spectrum of cinema is fraught with risk, and the list of specialty distributors that have started with a bang and then flared out is long. The reasons for their downfall? Failure to make the transition from indie to major. Gobbled up in a corporate merger. Collapse following abandonment of business models that made them successful. Inability to adapt to changing markets.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR