Sony Pictures Classics Co-President Michael Barker to Deliver London Keynote
He will open the London Production Finance Market by discussing the independent feature film business.
LONDON – Michael Barker, co-president and co-founder of Sony Pictures Classics, is to deliver this year’s keynote address at the Film London Production Finance Market (PFM).
Opening the seventh PFM in London on Oct. 16, Barker promises to give the 200 plus delegates and industry guests an insight into producing and distributing independent feature films.
With awards season in full swing, Barker will assess the role of Sony Pictures Classics, its objectives, achievements and its role in ensuring indie movies including foreign language films access the North American market.
Taking place over two days (Oct. 16-17) in association with the 57th BFI London Film Festival, this year’s PFM will see 52 producers and 57 financiers from the international marketplace conducting over 800 meetings.
Barker will also be part of a senior financiers panel alongside Doug Hansen (Endgame Entertainment) and Ben Browning (Start Motion Pictures), who will discuss how the emerging online market is changing the shape of film finance, covering digital disruption, social media, SVOD and the changing marketplace in North America and its implications for producers and financiers across the rest of the world.
Adrian Wootton, chief executive of Film London and the British Film Commission described Barker as being "admired throughout the international film industry" and said "he will provide a keen insight into the world of independent film production and distribution. His expertise in successfully selling films to international audiences, as well as underpinning multi-territory finance will ensure a fantastic start to this year’s market."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott