Sony Pictures Classics Co-President Michael Barker to Deliver London Keynote
He will open the London Production Finance Market by discussing the independent feature film business.
LONDON – Michael Barker, co-president and co-founder of Sony Pictures Classics, is to deliver this year’s keynote address at the Film London Production Finance Market (PFM).
Opening the seventh PFM in London on Oct. 16, Barker promises to give the 200 plus delegates and industry guests an insight into producing and distributing independent feature films.
With awards season in full swing, Barker will assess the role of Sony Pictures Classics, its objectives, achievements and its role in ensuring indie movies including foreign language films access the North American market.
Taking place over two days (Oct. 16-17) in association with the 57th BFI London Film Festival, this year’s PFM will see 52 producers and 57 financiers from the international marketplace conducting over 800 meetings.
Barker will also be part of a senior financiers panel alongside Doug Hansen (Endgame Entertainment) and Ben Browning (Start Motion Pictures), who will discuss how the emerging online market is changing the shape of film finance, covering digital disruption, social media, SVOD and the changing marketplace in North America and its implications for producers and financiers across the rest of the world.
Adrian Wootton, chief executive of Film London and the British Film Commission described Barker as being "admired throughout the international film industry" and said "he will provide a keen insight into the world of independent film production and distribution. His expertise in successfully selling films to international audiences, as well as underpinning multi-territory finance will ensure a fantastic start to this year’s market."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'