Sony Pictures Entertainment's Keith Weaver Promoted to Exec VP, Worldwide Government Affairs
He will oversee SPE's government relations, public policy activities and community affairs
Keith Weaver has been promoted to executive vice president, worldwide government affairs for Sony Pictures Entertainment, it was announced Monday by SPE’s senior executive vp and general counsel Leah Weil, to whom he will report.
In his new role, Weaver will oversee all aspects of the SPE’s government relations and public policy activities as well as community affairs. He has been with the company since June, 2002 when he joined as a vp in government affairs, and has served as senior vp since October, 2005.
“In nearly a decade at Sony Pictures, Keith has proven himself to be nothing short of a superstar,” Weil said. “Through his thoughtful insight, he has consistently helped us navigate the dynamic entertainment business landscape and complex legislative and regulatory issues that surround it.”
Weaver also serves as vp of the California State Film Commission and has served as vice chair of the board of Neighborhood Commissioners for the City of Los Angeles. Additionally, he serves on the boards of the Exceptional Children’s Foundation; Genesis LA Economic Growth Corporation; Pat Brown Institute of Public Affairs; Providence Health & Services Community Ministry Board; and Slavery No More.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR