Matt Brown Named EVP of Worldwide Commercial in SPHE Restructuring
Part of an ongoing initiative, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment's newly created post expands Brown's purview to Europe.
Matt Brown has been named EVP of worldwide commercial for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, a newly created post for a newly created division caused by a restructuring initiative.
In the management change-up, John McMahon, a 22-year company vet who held numerous roles in Sony Picture’s European operations and was most recently managing director for SPHE, Europe, will exit the company at the end of March.
Brown was previously EVP of North America and International and will see his duties expand to overseeing all commercial initiatives in Europe. (Before, his purview included all other territories.)
Aadon Coburn, who reported to SPHE worldwide president David Bishop for operations and supply chain, sees his own responsibilities expand and will work with Brown in managing Latin America, Asia Pacific and emerging markets. He will continue to report to Bishop for operations and supply chain.
“Creating a single, global commercial enterprise that is both focused and nimble is a timely and strategic response to the challenges of an evolving business environment,” said Bishop in a statement. “Additionally, this places our commercial initiatives in line with those of our other departments -- marketing, digital and operations -- which are all worldwide in scope.”
Regarding McMahon’s departure, Bishop stated, “During John’s tenure as head of our European home entertainment business, he has helped us to transform this group into an efficient and nimble organization able to respond effectively to a challenging business environment. He has positioned us well to aggressively compete across this evolving physical and digital marketplace.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)