Sony Pictures PR Exec Ann Boyd to Exit (Exclusive)
UPDATED: Boyd's exit and the departure of Sony corporate publicity exec Jim Kennedy to News Corp. are the latest shake-ups in the PR ranks of the studio.
Sony Pictures publicity executive Ann Boyd is leaving the studio, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
Boyd, executive vp global communications for Sony, joined the studio in 2009. She's the latest in a string of departures in the PR ranks of Sony. Jim Kennedy, a top publicity exec at Sony's corporate parent in New York, is leaving for News Corp. And in September, senior vp media relations Steve Elzer announced he is leaving after 12 years at the studio.
Sony Pictures recently hired Charles Sipkins as communications chief, reporting directly to Sony chiefs Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal. Sipkins is a crisis PR veteran who was brought in from Sard Verbinnen & Co.
Before joining Sony, Boyd served as vp corporate communications for Fox Interactive Media. Prior to that, she worked for AOL.
The parting is said to be amicable.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!