Sony Pictures PR Exec Ann Boyd to Exit (Exclusive)
UPDATED: Boyd's exit and the departure of Sony corporate publicity exec Jim Kennedy to News Corp. are the latest shake-ups in the PR ranks of the studio.
Sony Pictures publicity executive Ann Boyd is leaving the studio, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
Boyd, executive vp global communications for Sony, joined the studio in 2009. She's the latest in a string of departures in the PR ranks of Sony. Jim Kennedy, a top publicity exec at Sony's corporate parent in New York, is leaving for News Corp. And in September, senior vp media relations Steve Elzer announced he is leaving after 12 years at the studio.
Sony Pictures recently hired Charles Sipkins as communications chief, reporting directly to Sony chiefs Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal. Sipkins is a crisis PR veteran who was brought in from Sard Verbinnen & Co.
Before joining Sony, Boyd served as vp corporate communications for Fox Interactive Media. Prior to that, she worked for AOL.
The parting is said to be amicable.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)