Sony Pictures PR Exec Ann Boyd to Exit (Exclusive)
UPDATED: Boyd's exit and the departure of Sony corporate publicity exec Jim Kennedy to News Corp. are the latest shake-ups in the PR ranks of the studio.
Sony Pictures publicity executive Ann Boyd is leaving the studio, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.
Boyd, executive vp global communications for Sony, joined the studio in 2009. She's the latest in a string of departures in the PR ranks of Sony. Jim Kennedy, a top publicity exec at Sony's corporate parent in New York, is leaving for News Corp. And in September, senior vp media relations Steve Elzer announced he is leaving after 12 years at the studio.
Sony Pictures recently hired Charles Sipkins as communications chief, reporting directly to Sony chiefs Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal. Sipkins is a crisis PR veteran who was brought in from Sard Verbinnen & Co.
Before joining Sony, Boyd served as vp corporate communications for Fox Interactive Media. Prior to that, she worked for AOL.
The parting is said to be amicable.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights