Sony Pictures Promotes Dealmaking Exec
Lumumba Mosquera recently worked on deals for "Captain Phillips" and "Grown Ups 2."
Sony Pictures has promoted Lumumba Mosquera to senior vp business affairs.
Mosquera negotiates rights, talent, co-financing, first-look, and related motion picture deals on behalf of the studio. Mosquera will now have a particular focus on TriStar Productions, the newly revived film label run by Tom Rothman whose goal is to produce around four movies a year.
"Lu has consistently demonstrated savvy negotiating skills throughout his entire tenure at Columbia," said Andrew Gumpert, Sony's president worldwide business affairs and operations. "With this well-deserved promotion, Lu will also take on the responsibility of principal dealmaker for TriStar Productions."
Some of Mosquera's recent dealmaking has included Captain Phillips and Grown Ups 2 as well as the untitled Cameron Crowe project starring Emma Stone and Bradley Cooper.
Mosquera joined Sony Pictures in 2009 from Ventanazul. Before that, he was vp business and legal affairs at the Weinstein Company and Dimension/Miramax Films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'