Sony Pictures Promotes Dealmaking Exec
Lumumba Mosquera recently worked on deals for "Captain Phillips" and "Grown Ups 2."
Sony Pictures has promoted Lumumba Mosquera to senior vp business affairs.
Mosquera negotiates rights, talent, co-financing, first-look, and related motion picture deals on behalf of the studio. Mosquera will now have a particular focus on TriStar Productions, the newly revived film label run by Tom Rothman whose goal is to produce around four movies a year.
"Lu has consistently demonstrated savvy negotiating skills throughout his entire tenure at Columbia," said Andrew Gumpert, Sony's president worldwide business affairs and operations. "With this well-deserved promotion, Lu will also take on the responsibility of principal dealmaker for TriStar Productions."
Some of Mosquera's recent dealmaking has included Captain Phillips and Grown Ups 2 as well as the untitled Cameron Crowe project starring Emma Stone and Bradley Cooper.
Mosquera joined Sony Pictures in 2009 from Ventanazul. Before that, he was vp business and legal affairs at the Weinstein Company and Dimension/Miramax Films.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!