Sony Releasing Takes Spanish Rights to 'The End'
Jorge Torregrossa's thriller is expected to be one of the hot titles in Spain this year.
MADRID - Sony Pictures Releasing of Spain announced Friday it has taken distribution rights to Jorge Torregrossa's much-anticipated The End.
Produced by Mod Producciones, Apaches Entertainment, Misent Producciones and Antena 3 Films, End works off a script written by Sergio G. Sanchez (The Impossible, The Orphanage) and Jorge Guerricaechevarria (Cell 211) ,
Maribel Verdu (Pan's Labyrinth) leads the Spanish cast of the €5 million production targeted for a wide-release commercial audience, which is now in post-production. Film Factory International, which handles international sales, is making the market debut of the product this week in Berlin.
The supernatural thriller, which Sony expects to release in Spain this summer, combines the efforts of two of Spain's most internationally-minded production houses--Mod and Apaches--with the backing of Antena 3 Television, La Sexta, Canal +, Grupo RTVV and the Spanish Film Institute.
Torregrossa's directorial debut, End centers on a group of old friends that meet for a week vacation. After a strange incident alters their original plans and they are cut off from the outside world, they decide to venture out to find help.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game