Sony Sells Horror Game Show Format 'Release the Hounds' to German TV
ProSieben will produce a local version of the show originally developed by Gogglebox Entertainment in the U.K.
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) has closed its first international format deal for the horror game show Release the Hounds, selling the program to German broadcaster ProSieben. The German commercial network will adapt the British series, created by Gogglebox Entertainment, as a two-hour special for the German market set to air in March under the title: Scream! If You Can.
The original Release The Hounds aired as a Halloween special on ITV2 last October. It was a ratings and social-media hit, leading ITV2 to order a full season of the format for this year. The concept of the show has unsuspecting contestants entering a forest at dusk where they then face terrifying challenges, including out-running a pack of hounds, to get a chance to unlock a chest full of money.
SPT Productions Germany will produce the German version of the format in partnership with Gogglebox.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)